I really enjoyed working with The Colour Factory in 2017 – An artist’s studio group of professional artists based in Winchester who work together to produce community and educational projects.
We met together over a cuppa to review their previous website and branding both online but also within the Gallery itself in Winchester. For me, really getting under the skin of things was important in order to provide what was needed. The brief was as follows:
- To clearly and cohesively communicate the ethos, passion and identity of The Colour Factory, both as individual artists but also collaboratively.
- For styling to be simple but effective in displaying the multiple colours, styles, textures and mediums used by each artist.
- For individual artist profiles with bios and links to their websites, social media and contact details.
- For the website to include large hero banners to appropriately display TCF’s beautiful work and their gallery.
- To have a calendar of all classes, workshops and party events that could be easily added and amended by TCF.
- To have an easy way of regularly updating photos of the gallery and new work (this is now run and updated from a mobile phone!)
- For the navigation to be simple and intuitive, providing lots of ways for visitors to quickly access content they need.
- To review and freshen up all website copy.
- To include a news/blog section which could be updated.
- To include relevant social media links and google map integration.
- Low maintenance and easy to administrate.
- Responsive web design for mobile, tablet and various screen sizes.
In addition to the above, we looked over and tightened up the branding and logo and also implemented some low level SEO enhancements. I love working with and helping local businesses so working with TCF has been a real joy. Take a look for yourself here and make sure if you’re in Winchester that you stop in at the Gallery 🙂